NEW YORK, November 10, 2022 – The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation (HFG) seeks an experienced social media manager to work on a part-time basis with with foundation staff in the management and execution of the Foundation’s social media and audience engagement strategy.
About the Foundation
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation (HFG) examines enduring and urgent problems of violence, such as war, crime, and human aggression. Through basic and applied research, we aim to understand the causes, manifestation, and control of violence. We support the production of this knowledge and disseminate it to inform policy, practice, and public discourse.
The Foundation awards research grants to support distinguished and emerging scholars studying matters of violence in the United States and around the world. We likewise conduct and commission original research and publish relevant research and policy reports. We host conferences, research seminars, and public conversations on topics of violence, often in collaboration with peers in academia, philanthropy, and civil society.
- Manage, create content for, and grow HFG’s Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube accounts with focus on the following activities:
- Following HFG grantees and partners; share their work, look for opportunities to create content about what they are doing
- Using social media tools to grow HFG’s recognition and status in nonprofit and academic communities.
- Interacting with grantees, journalists, and partner organizations via the social media accounts
- Developing and implementing social media marketing campaigns
- Analyzing HFG’s current social media presence and identifying opportunities for growth and efficacy.
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes, and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
- Help create social videos featuring HFG speakers and grantees and their work
- Create original content for HFG’s channels according to current best practices
- Design digital marketing graphics, using Canva or similar app, for use on social channels
- Maintain social media calendar via Hootsuite or similar tool
- Track analytics and generate quarterly reports on HFG social performance
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for digital outreach and communications
- Experience managing accounts for a non-profit or research organization
- Proven ability to create and post text, video and images to engage target audiences
- Skill in tracking and managing online conversations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient video production and graphics skills
- Effective time manager; meet deadlines; work under time pressure
- Enthusiasm for creating compelling editorial and marketing materials
- Working knowledge of HTML WordPress and tools such as Canva and Hootsuite Ability to work productively with staff, partner organizations and grantees to manage and grow social media channels.
- Ability to identify social media trends and strategize how to engage with journalists, prospective grantees and experts in violence research.
Start date: Immediately
Hours: 5-10 hours/week, including weekly planning meeting with communications team
Location: Virtual or in-person in New York City
To Apply: Please send cover letter, portfolio (if applicable) and resume to Nyeleti Honwana at email@example.com.
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.